Plantar Fasciitis? Annual Gift Guide Idea for Hikers & Walkers
If you have feet – or know anyone who does – here’s the perfect gift for the hiker or walker in your life! This inexpensive little item makes the cut every year for our annual gift guide. Our feet are our foundation.
- See tips below for keeping your feet happy using these massage balls. Also:
- Maintaining ROM (range of motion) in the ankle joint is hugely important for balance.
- Do you know someone with dreaded hammer toes? Keep your toes moving (not clenching the ground for balance).
As always, anything else you purchase on Amazon after clicking thru on one of these links results in a small commission (that costs you nothing – it’s called Affiliate Marketing) that benefits this blog and we thank you!
Tips and How To Get the Most Benefit from the Massage Balls:
- Keep one in your car (on the passenger side of course :)). When Bob drives, I use 1 or 2 on the way to and back from our hike.
- Keep one by your bed so you can stretch the bottom of your feet early – they’ve been in plantar flexion all night.
- Let the relaxed weight of your foot settle onto the massage ball.
- For more pressure, cross your other leg over (shoes & socks stretch).
- If in doubt, slow down and relax your foot on the ball 🙂